Thursday, March 24, 2011

BEEN AWHILE

I was down for a few days thanks to not taking my medicine correctly so that meant not being able to workout. Nothing like frustration but at least it is in the beginning of my process instead of the end and I should know better anyway. Hopefully I am back on track now and am feeling better than before actually. I was going to add a little to my workout this week as I was going to start Zumba with Whitney yesterday but decided to delay it a week since I was still down yesterday.

The good news for my workout today is that I decided to focus a little more on time than distance and decided to shoot for 45 minutes at the pace I was used to before I got sick. Believe it or not it worked. I actually didn't really get tired or even break a sweat until well into the workout more on the down hill swing. Which makes me wonder if I shouldn't push a little harder. When I got to 45 minutes I wasn't ready to quit so I decided I would shoot for 60. Now the last 10 minutes I had to push myself at the same time reminding myself I hadn't done the first workout in more than 4 days. I managed to workout for 60.09 minutes, went 2.72 miles, burned 271 calories. My blood pressure and heart rate afterwards was awesome. It was 109/70 and 93. I wish it was always that good. I'm thinking I should be able to do 3 miles in 60 minutes tomorrow. Hopefully anyway. I'm excited about starting Zumba next Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment