Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Workout #1

Well, my 1st workout wasn't bad. We will see how I feel in the morning. I didn't want to overdue it but on the other hand I don't have a lot of time. I haven't done much of any type of exercise for the last year due to not feeling well and wonderful health issues including a new diagnosis of Rheumatoid Arthritis. I have decided I'm not going to let it rule my life. I walked on the treadmill for 1.5 miles in 33 minutes and burned 150 calories. I actually was able to jog a small bit of that and I mean a small bit. But I'm trying to draw the positive out of it and I was at least able to do a small bit which was better than nothing for my 1st day. I'm sure I will sleep well tonight. I also carried the small weights in my hands while I walked to help stengthen my arms. Again when Paul walked in from worked he said you really should start with something small. I said you still don't think I can do it. I will do this and I will finish.
My moto:Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.
Thomas A. Edison (1847 - 1931)

No comments:

Post a Comment