Tuesday, March 29, 2011

One Surprise After Another

Each day as I continue my quest on this new adventure I find myself discovering one surprise after another. This quest, the Iron Mom 1/2 Marathon in Paducah on Mother's Day weekend, has truly shown me things of myself that I wasn't completely aware of. One thing it has shown me is that I, myself, can do what I set my mind to. I have to believe in myself no matter the obstacles. This reminded me of one of my favorite quotes.

"I was always looking outside myself for strength and confidence, but it comes from within. It is there all the time." Anna Freud (1895 - 1982)

As I train myself for this 1/2 marathon I have found this quote to be true of myself in more ways than one. This training is effecting in other parts of my life physically, mentally, & socially and all in a positive way. Who ever dreamed such a small decision could make such a difference in so many directions. But I think I'm liking it!! As I continue I hope I can get out of bed in the morning after my hour of Zumba tonight which thouroughly enojoyed but totally kicked my butt. It made muscles hurt that I didn't know I had. The best part about it was that I never felt uncomfortable while doing it. It was a very relaxed atmosphere. Until next time:

"People may not remember exactly what you did or what you said"
=But=
"They will always remember how you made them feel." (unknown)

No comments:

Post a Comment