Friday, March 18, 2011

Day 3 ~ What a Day!

I haven't decided if the day has been so great because I have had 3 days off from work, or it was 76 today when I drove by the temperature reading, or I went to Paducah to get parts for my wheeler (getting time for riding), or while I was in Paducah went down to the flood wall where I will take on my 1st 1/2 marathon. I believe it was a mixture of all of it. I forgot and I had a completely awesome workout tonight! I decided since I felt so good to push it to the limit a little. I managed 2.02 miles in 40.42 minutes which I burned 196 calories. It was obvious that I pushed a little because my blood pressure was 130/81 with a pulse of 104 which is fine but up a little with the pushing. I was even able to run in the middle of it some and I ran towards the end some. My feet didn't start feeling a burning sensation until I got to 1.65 miles and it was slightly and not constant so I knew I could keep going for a while. I listened to some really upbeat music while I was walking that helped. Nothing like my 80's music to keep me going. It was cool going down to the flood wall today that is where the race will begin and I believe will finish. Right now much of it is under water. It is almost to the park benches on the water side of the wall. It was so beautiful down there with the Dogwoods blooming. Now it is time for some rest as we have Whitney's 1st Bridal shower tomorrow here in Kentucky. It should be fun and exciting. See you all tomorrow. Thanks for all the positive comments and vibes.

No comments:

Post a Comment